13 Roots/Branches/Foundations (+) of Full Circle Animism*
As Experienced by friends of Web of Life Animist Church
- Everything has a life force, whether we understand it or not, and we are all connected with an ever-present essence.
- Everyone is naturally connected with all others in the Web of Life, without the need for an intermediary.
- Humans have always explored realities/states of consciousness (which can be called the spirit world, dream world, multiple realities) for guidance in every aspect of human existence.
- Sacred tools and techniques, particularly consistent rhythm, facilitate communication and knowledge gathering from the spirit world, deep consciousness, and our soul.
- Connection through the senses to non-ordinary reality can take place in a waking and dreaming state.
- All manner of non-physical energies/beings exist in the spirit world and on earth outside the range of our five senses. We are infinitely connected to our Ancestors within time and space.
- Each Human is important, and Humans are one family of sentient Beings. All non-Human Beings (animals, plants, elements and more) are also People of equal value and standing in the Web of Life.
- Ritual and ceremony, especially in gatherings, are sacred acts that acknowledge and strengthen our connection with the spirit and physical worlds.
- In each human’s life there are important life passages and initiations that act as sacred timekeepers, to be honored with ceremony in chosen and supportive community.
- We honor our physical Bodies as sacred and autonomous. Each person’s DNA connects us equally with All That Is. Our Bodies rely on Plants, Soil, Air and Water for survival, medicine and joy.
- The Sun and Moon cycles structure timing on our planet Earth and all of Nature is our house of worship.
- Social justice is a part of spirituality and restoring wholeness in Earth honoring People. We have a responsibility to heal from past soul wounds, experienced or inherited, and dismantle the myths of white, male and human supremacy.
- Our sacred circles of/in Life express gratitude, service and reciprocity, arising from our unity with the spirit and physical world, balancing the sacred web of life. As a member of a community of interwoven lives, we commit to contributing to the wellness of the whole, because We all Belong.
FULL CIRCLE ANIMISM
Evolving Traditions of Teaching at the Web of Life
We practice the tools that consistently show themselves in Earth honoring cultures, including: honoring the sacred circle, activating trance with a consistent rhythm, dreaming, honoring the Earth and Sky cycles, elements and directions in Nature, intuition, trance, soul restoration, ritual, interaction with spirit world, ceremony, divination, storytelling, connecting with animal, plant and elemental allies, blessings/prayers, dance and sacred singing. Each person consults their own Ancestors, Teachers and Allies about how to practice these arts through multiple Animist techniques (journeying, trance, plant medicine, meditation +).
This path is for anyone, and it can especially be helpful for anyone who is the first generation in their family, after numerous generations of silence/persecution/denial, who openly feels their connection with the sacredness within the Web of Life. In these times we are called to remember what our ancestors knew, and what is wanted of, and for, us for future generations. We have gifts to share, and we are needed. In this time, we are coming “full circle”.
IF YOU AGREE WITH THESE STATEMENTS, THEN MAYBE YOU TOO ARE AN ANIMIST (Full Circle style). See the Animism page for more info.
Intellectual Property of Earth Web Media 2021. Credit when you use it! Link to us please.
Would you like to explore and know more?
We have many resources to share!
Free Intro-Explore your Spirit World
Imagine that you have an expansive world within you right now. An ‘Inner Wilderness’ that is waiting to be explored and utilized by you.
Apprentice to your Inner Wisdom
This recording is for you who feel called to the animist path and want to expand your skills of connecting with your Spirit World in a personalized way. 42 minutes. Two drum journeys.
Beginning the Journey-Intro to Intuitive Animism
This multimedia course offers introductory assistance as you hone your ability to connect with, and feel protected around, the other beings and energies that exist in the sacred Web of Life.