Statement of Beliefs
Animism in Thirteen Sentences
As Experienced by friends of Web of Life Animist Church
- Everything has a life force, and we are all connected with an immortal essence. Ancestors are present with us.
- Everyone is naturally connected with all others in the Web of Life, without the need for an intermediary.
- Humans have always explored realities/states of consciousness (which can be called the spirit world, dream world, multiple realities) for guidance in every aspect of human existence.
- Sacred tools and techniques, particularly consistent rhythm, facilitate communication and knowledge gathering from the spirit world, deep consciousness, and our soul.
- Connection through the senses to non-ordinary reality can take place in a waking and dreaming state.
- All manner of non-physical energies/beings exist in the spirit world and on earth outside the range of our five senses. We are infinitely connected to our Ancestors beyond death.
- Each Human is important, and Humans are one tribe of sentient Beings. All non-Human Beings (animals, plants, elements and more) are also People of equal value and standing in the web of life.
- Ritual and ceremony, especially in gatherings, are sacred acts that acknowledge and strengthen our connection with the spirit and physical worlds.
- In each human’s life there are important life passages and initiations that act as sacred timekeepers, to be honored with ceremony in community.
- We honor our Human Body as the sacred companion for our Soul while incarnated on Earth. Our DNA connects us with All That Is. Our Bodies rely on Plants as Food and Medicine, Air and Water for sustenance. The Earth is our Mother.
- The Sun and Moon cycles structure our sacred Earth home and all of Nature is our house of worship.
- Social Justice is a part of Spirituality and restoring wholeness in Earth honoring People. We have a responsibility to heal from past soul wounds, experienced or inherited and dismantle the myth of white, male and human supremacy.
- Our sacred circles express gratitude, service and reciprocity, arising from our unity with the spirit and physical world, balancing the sacred web of life. We all Belong.
IF YOU AGREE WITH THESE STATEMENTS, THEN MAYBE YOU TOO ARE AN ANIMIST.
Intellectual Property of Earth Web Media 2019. Credit when you use it! Link to us please.