Web of Life Animist Minister Ordainment Program
Become an Ordained Animist Minister in the Web of life Tradition
Earth Web Media’s Web of Life Animist Church is seeking Earth Honoring People who are called to become legally Ordained Ministers in the Web of Life Tradition*, in service to Earth and her People.
*The Web of Life Tradition- We are all connected by, and equal threads in, the Sacred Web of Life. Earth Web Media (a legal Animist Church) trains and empowers Earth Honoring People of all Genders, Cultures, and Bio=Regions who are called by their Ancestors to hold space for, and practice, the intuitive and healing arts on behalf of their communities. Together we create a sacred bridge to harmony within and between Humans, Non-Human Beings in all forms, and the Spirits of Earth and beyond.
The next 12 month ordainment program begins May 3, 2020
We meet twice a month for 2 hours at a time, until April, 2021
First and Third Sunday 10am-noon MST
24 Live meetings in Tucson and online thru zoom.us with Quynn
We close our Training with an Ordainment Weekend in Tucson, AZ:
Last weekend in April, 2021
Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-2pm
This Training emphasizes Animist exploration and understanding, including offering respect and being open to communication with: animals, elements, plants, trees, spirit world, dream world, intuition, ancestors, spirit guides, other humans, and sacred self.
Lead the way as a Web of Life Animist Minister~
~Focus on our Earth honoring similarities, and honor our differences, so we can strengthen our Animistic Spiritual Movement in service to Earth and her Peoples (Human and beyond) during this time of great changes
~Provide opportunities to listen to our Ancestors and the Spirits of the Web of Life for guidance in these challenging times
~Practice and find our ways to support and advocate for members of our Earth honoring, Shamanic, Atheist, Queer, Pagan, Earth honoring Animist communities, in all of their beautiful diversity
~Be a strong advocate and protector of healing ways of Earth and the Lineage Keepers of the Sacred Traditions
~Commit to healing one’s personal and cultural traumas in order to be capable of holding space for others as they go through their process of healing
~Connect Social Justice and Earth Advocacy with your Spiritual Activism
~Expand your Powers to dismantle White Supremacy, Patriarchy and Colonized Mind in individual and collective culture
~Remember how to be a Real Human Being in this Sacred Web of Life
Words that Matter:
You love the Earth and you hear her speak. A generally accepted word for this is Animism.
What is “Animism”?
- Everything, including multiple realities and states of consciousness, is connected with an immortal essence
- The worldview that non-human entities (including but not limited to animals, plants, water, wind, mountains or phenomena) possess a spiritual essence and we can communicate
- Humans are one sentient People among many, and we are equal parts of the Sacred Web of Life
- Everyone can connect with the Web of Life without an intermediary
Many cultural groups could be called Animist (Pagan, Shamanic, Indigenous People and others), and more and more People consider themselves Animist.
Why Animism Now?
Over many generations Earth honoring People around the planet have experienced personal and ancestral traumas that have caused so much pain. Now we know that so many ailments of Mind Body and Spirit have roots in feeling the pains of separation from our Soul, the Earth and the sacred Web of Life. As we find support in our healing, we reconnect with our Soul, remember who we are, and rejoin the Web of Life. That connection can be called “Animism”, and this awareness can help us to remember our path.
What is a “Minister”?
Ministers are individuals who are duly ordained by a religious body constituting a church or church denomination. They are given the authority to conduct religious worship, perform sacerdotal functions, and administer ordinances or sacraments according to the prescribed tenets and practices of that church or denomination. (the definition of the IRS)
To learn more about Earth Web Media’s Animist Beliefs, Please see our Statement of Beliefs
Full Circle Animism- We practice the tools that consistently show themselves in Earth honoring cultures, including: honoring the sacred circle, activating trance with a consistent rhythm, dreaming, honoring the Earth and Sky cycles, elements and directions in Nature, intuition, trance, soul restoration, ritual, interaction with spirit world, ceremony, divination, storytelling, connecting with animal and plant allies, blessings/prayers, dance and sacred singing. Each person consults their own Spirit Guides about how to practice these arts.
This path is for anyone, but especially for anyone who is the first generation in their family, after numerous generations of silence/denial, who openly feels their connection with the Sacred Web of Life. It is understood that the Spirit World teaches and guides each person in their healing, and each Animist in their sacred arts. In these times we are called to remember what our ancestors knew, and enact these ways in our daily lives. In this time, we are coming “full circle”.
Each Minister is guided by their Spirit Guides and Ancestors to create your own Ministry, in a way that has meaning for you. You will create your own way to share the Animist message in this evolving world, in collaboration with others of like mind.
This program helped me awaken the part of me who was inside all the time, like a sweet welcome home. I now acknowledge Life in its cycles of love for human, plants, animals, rocks and stars.
I am aware what is inside of me, it was always in me but now a door is open to go in.
What can you do as an Animist Minister?
As a legally ordained Minister in Arizona or Oregon (and other states as needed), you can offer your animist inspired services to: ~ Hospice and Hospitals ~Social Justice, Queer, Environmental and Pagan Communities who need Spiritual Support and Advocacy~Prison Ministry~ Private and Home Schools (yours or someone else’s) for Kids and Adults ~
~You are able to advocate for people in your community and congregation who do not have like-minded family in situations with: the Veterans Administration, Hospitals for End of Life choices, and legal situations.
You can legally and professionally officiate: ~Weddings and Commitment Ceremonies ~Ceremonies for Release and Rites of Passage ~Classes and Workshops ~Individual Pastoral Counsel/Care Sessions ~ Land and Space Blessings and Clearings ~
This Training is designed to inspire you to discover and creatively express your Unique Nature of Service (“ministry”), and sharing them with the world in your own unique way.
Please note: In order to be eligible for this ordainment program, you must already have training and experience in at least one healing, arts, spiritual modality, and are currently serving your community. You must have current experience holding space for others, either in a one on one, or group setting.
Prerequisite: Completion of the Animist Soul Support Practitioner (Soul Medic) Program or The Spirit Bridge-Healing Practitioner Training Program is expected. Talk to Quynn to apply for potential Life Experience deferment.
Outline of 12 month Program
The next 12 month ordainment program begins May 5, 2019
We meet twice a month for 2 hours at a time*, until April 19, 2020
24 Live meetings in Tucson and online thru zoom.us with Quynn
We close our Training with an Ordainment Weekend in Tucson, AZ:
Saturday, April 25 -Sunday, April 26 2020
Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-2pm
Web of Life Ordainment Training offers:
- 24 two hour live video meetings through zoom (participants in Tucson can join in the room) where Quynn guides discussions, journeys and exercises to explore subjects listed below
- Practice participating in, and leading, group sharing experiences, around the topics listed below
- Mentored creation of monthly support exercises for each Minister in Training to facilitate in their community, such as personal and group ceremony, pastoral counsel sessions, events around areas of interest and support groups
- Active support while building Animist community
- Drum journey and rhythm making practice each meeting to strengthen one’s relationship with inner world and Spirit World guidance
- Inspiration and guidance in the creation of personal and ancestrally relevant ceremonial tools and clothing/adornments for ministerial work
- To close this yearlong experience all participants will create a public ceremony to present themselves to the community, presenting each Minister’s unique gifts and areas of interest.
Once ordained in the ceremony, you will be officially an Animist Minister in the Web of Life tradition. During our closing weekend you will receive a E-packet of legal, IRS, and support documents to help you navigate through the legalities of being a “minister”.
Areas of Animist Ministry – Your Nature of Service
As an Animist Minister, Your Nature of Service is Unique to YOU and helps you Support, Embody and Promote the following Animistic World Views in the world around you. Your Ancestry and Personal Agency will guide you as you focus on the following important subjects:
1) Facilitating Spirit and Physical World Communication
2) Holding Space in Sacred Circle
3) Facilitating Earth Prayers and Advocacy
4) Reconnecting to your Rhythm and Song
5) Earth and Spirit Teachers, Kin and Allies
6) Unraveling Internalized Racism and Standing up for Social Justice
7) Recognizing Plant Teachers as Food and Medicine
8) Connecting with the Seven Sacred Directions and Four Elements
9) Holding Space for Eco-Grief and Reactions to Climate Change
10) Honoring Ancestors and DNA Healing
11) Seeing “Nature” all around and within us
12) Marking Rites of Passage
13) Clearings of Space, Mind and Body
14) Space Time Awareness and Dimensional Travel
15) Birth, Life and Death Tending
16) Understanding the Spirits of Sickness and Wellness
17) Expanding understanding of Gender We/They Wisdom
18) Honing One’s Seeing, Empathy, Divination Skills
19) Reclaiming Body Wisdom and Sacred Movement
20) Trance Induction and Maintenance
21) Soul Restoration from Personal and Generational Wounds
22) Clearing Cultural Appropriation and Paying Privilege Forward
23) Creativity is in every Human, and Art is Life
24) Ceremony is infinitely varied, and the art of prayer belongs to All
Throughout the year we will approach each area of Ministry in our live meetings with discussion, drum journeys and community support exercises. We will also address ethics and challenges in being an Animist, and an Animist Minister, in this troublesome dominant culture.
Quotes from past participants:
“I have gained a deep sense of Animist community and the charge to further that in my future, and to help bring that feeling to others. I am getting more of a sense of the great potential that a ‘minister’ holds for creating Animist community. “
“I am realizing and actualizing a practical method of shamanic healing practice to bring to the world, and building a strong foundation for my life grounded in Animist practice. “
1) Interactive participation in sharing and contributing to posted subjects discussed in Private Facebook group
2) Exploration and research into your ancestral DNA lines and Animist Ancestry (through DNA testing, family, web research and/or spirit world consultation)
3) Being present live with group at least once a month (listening to recording for other monthly meetings is acceptable)
4) Over the year, complete 12 community support exercises with people, not in the training, in your physical or virtual world (for no fee). Document your experiences with Quynn, without sharing personal info of clients.
4) This training is created to be a Safe Space for People of Color, People of all Bodies, Genders and Cultures. We each will endeavor to increase our personal understanding of our Colonized Mind, in ways known and yet unknown, so that we are more able to dismantle internalized White, Monotheistic and Male Supremacy with our personal actions. This is not easy work, but it is essential to becoming an Animist Minister for your community.
5) Sign and agree to Web of Life church’s Minister Practice Policies for your work in one=one sessions and group work in your community.
This one year ordainment training also includes:
1) Two 45 minute personal consultations with Quynn, within the first month and anytime in the second half of the training, to assess growth and focus intentions for ministry
2) 12 month subscription to Quynn’s Earth and Sky Cycles Journey Club called Raven’s Circle
- To strengthen your connections to the cycles around you, each Dark/New and Full Moon of the year you will receive an audio file guided meditation, prayerful intention and drumming, approximately 20 minutes long. Also included- Near each of the Sacred 8 Days (Equinoxes, Solstices and Quarter Days) you will receive an invitation to a live drum journey circle hosted by Quynn (approximately 1 hour with two drum journeys). The circle, minus personal shares, is recorded and available to Ministerial trainees.
3) Copies of Quynn’s E-books A Tribe of One-Expressing one’s Shamanic/Animist Self and Accepting the Ashes-A Daughter’s Look at PTSD
4) Access to Quynn’s companion audio workshop library for this training
- Over 12 hours of mp3 workshops (approx 1 hour each), individual drum journeys and guided meditations related to subjects covered. Available for listen and download anytime.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be listed as a Minister at our “Minister” page
Upon successful completion of this program you will be an Ordained Animist Minister to represent Earth Web Media’s Web of Life Church in the world. You will be able to legally officiate Marriages, gain access to hospitals and other healing environments as a “Minister”, as well as conduct Life Ceremonies (transitions, passing over, coming of age) in the Animist Tradition.
There are many ways in which Ministers and Earth Web Media can remain connected after ordainment, however, Earth Web Media is not responsible for you and your ministry, after you complete your training.
Your Human Guide, and the creator of this training, is Quynn Red Mountain. To find out more about Quynn, check her out HERE.
$1200-$3600 depending on your financial situation
**$900-$3000 for those who completed the Animist Soul Support Practitioner Program (Soul Medic) or the Spirit Bridge-Healing Practitioner Training Program**
Payment Programs are available with signed agreement. Partial Trade position may be available for specific jobs needed by EWM. Inquire with Quynn for details.
POC-Do you feel called to this program yet the low end of the sliding scale is daunting or impossible? Reach out to Quynn for options to participate.
In order to apply for this training, you need to have training in at least one healing modality such as Reiki 2, Practitioner (with Quynn, Elisabeth Black or other teacher), Massage, Energy Work, Coaching, Yoga RYT200+, or other modality, and have active experience holding space for other Beings in your community.
Want to go further?
To apply to participate in this program:
- Complete the Animist Soul Support (Soul Medic) Practitioner Program, the Spirit Bridge-Healing Practitioner Training Program, or have equivalent Animist Soul Tending experience (Quynn decides if experience is equivalent). If you are new to Quynn and her approach to Animist Ministry, to make sure you resonate, please join her for at least three circles or a series (in Tucson or Live Online) and/or purchase and listen to an mp3 course of your choice. More info HERE.
- Next- Email Quynn Red Mountain at earthwebmedia(at)gmail(dot)com or in facebook.
- You will be sent an application.
- If you and Quynn have not yet met, a consultation will be scheduled (phone, skype, in person) after you have completed the requirements in #1 above to determine if this relationship is a good fit for both of us at this time, as stated by our Guides.
Please note: Application does not ensure registration. There are a limited number of positions available for this training year. If you are not selected, please consider applying next year, or to a different program. Thank you for your interest!
A Message from one of the participants:
We are all connected. We can communicate with nature. We are all Kin.
We don’t have to be in charge all of the time.
Take time to listen to nature, to the plants, birds, animals, rocks, and hear what they have to say.
We can take direction from them, from Nature who wants to help us and be a part of our lives.
Spirit is in Everything and We are Each an Equal Thread in the Sacred Web of Life.
Reflections from past trainings:
This year I made art I healed I cried I felt Joy I embodied myself. It was a magical unnamable ever-present field of support, leaving me with a sense of being a bit more filled with love with confidence with hope thank you.
Thank you Quynn for bringing us together for seeing us for creating the space for Magical things to happen I feel for once I belong to the Earth and it is my task to bring this sense of belonging to others.
I really appreciate your leadership and guidance the wisdom you have offered and that you created this at all. This last year was this last year so much changed and shifted for me and I know it wouldn’t have had you not created this space this program and gave me a reason and I’m owed to trust myself. So thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
When I joined this program it was my intention to further explore the spiritual realms. During this year I’ve been pushed past my boundaries external as well as internal. I’ve traveled the full spectrum of being in all Angry elated and an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. This program truly brought my vision into focus and has allowed me to explore all the possibilities.
There have been years where I’ve looked back and reflection and been in almost disbelief at all of the things that have happened. This last year in the Animus Ministry program has been one of those years. The lessons healing and knowledge I’ve received has been profound one of the most liberating lessons and insights has been to recognize who I am under the identity imposed On Me by this Society. I remember who I am before I was told and conditioned to be a drone. This year and my experiences in this program with all the amazing people in it has reminded me of why I came here. To help Humanity could reconnect with Spirit the Earth and their Inner Light.
This adventure with you will forever be with me the time words and braces tears everything that I have experienced from you and from this program has truly touched my life.
Validation begins with the prospective of similarity in the stories of others. Sharing is a key element of the animist experience. The entrainment of Rhythm and intention is a major take away from this year listen Cher release be grateful this year has been a great opportunity to hear Reflections from a sympathetic population.
This year has ended with reflection reflection of myself through others are pained to be a part of a continuing group. I now have many teachers. I have found an earth-based we. The ability to consciously hold Space is quite a lovely thing I am grateful to have learned through this process and program.
All information included is the intellectual property of Earth Web Media. Copyright 2018.